Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
City Council agenda for meeting beginning at 6 p.m. today in Fayetteville City Hall includes live links to view details of proposals on the agenda
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Kyle B. Cook
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Robert K. Rhoads
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Shirley Lucas
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
September 7, 2010
City Council Meeting
September 7, 2010
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on September 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
1. Approval of the August 17, 2010 City Council meeting minutes.
2. National Wildlife Federation Community Wildlife Habitat: A resolution authorizing an application for the City to be certified as a National Wildlife Federation Community Wildlife Habitat.
3. Watershed Conservation Resource Center Grant (White River): A resolution authorizing application and acceptance, in partnership with the Watershed Conservation Resource Center, of an Arkansas Natural Resources Commission matching grant in the amount of $200,000.00 for restoration of a portion of the White River near the Noland Wastewater Treatment Facility, and approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $77,000.00 representing the City’s match.
4. 2010 Washington County Inter-Local Agreement (Animal Sheltering): A resolution approving an inter-local agreement between the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas and Washington County, Arkansas to provide animal sheltering services to Washington County, Arkansas for calendar year 2010.
5. RFP #10-11 Plante & Moran, PLLC: A resolution awarding RFP #10-11 and approving a contract with Plante & Moran, PLLC in an amount not to exceed $60,000.00 for the performance of a city-wide information technology assessment.
6. 2010 Justice Assistance Grant Local Solicitation Award: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2010 U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance Grant in the amount of $108,419.00 to the Fayetteville Police Department as a lead agency, and approving a budget adjustment.
7. Access Management Plan Agreement Amendment (State Highway 265): A resolution approving an amendment to the Access Management Plan Agreement, as prepared by the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department, for State Highway 265.
8. Amend Resolution No. 131-10: A resolution amending Resolution No. 131-10 to change all references from "Today in America" to "U.S. Media Television, Inc."
1. ADM 09-3273 (Business Registry and License Program): An ordinance to amend the Fayetteville code by enacting a chapter to create a business registry and to require annual business licenses for all businesses and non-profits with locations within Fayetteville. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Third Reading at the July 6, 2010 City Council meeting and Tabled to the September 7, 2010 City Council meeting.
2. ADM 09-3466 (UDC Chapters 151 & 164 Vehicle Related Businesses): An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, Chapters 151: Definitions and 164: Supplementary Zoning Regulations, in order to include additional definitions and requirements for vehicle related businesses. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the August 17, 2010 City Council meeting.
1. RZN 10-3625 (Cedar Crest Academy): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 10-3625, for approximately 2.25 acres, located on the south side of Persimmon Street, northwest of Owl Creek Elementary School from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units per acre, to P-1, Institutional.
2. RZN 10-3626 (Mathias Shopping Centers): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 10-3626, for approximately 1.2 acres, located at the northwest corner of Hwy 45 East and Box Avenue from R-O, Residential Office, to CS, Community Services.
3. Repeal and Replace §34.26 (Authority of City Employees to Contract with the City): An ordinance to repeal §34.26 Authority of City Employees to Contract with the City and to enact a replacement §34.26 Limited Authority of City Employees to Provide Services to the City.
4. Amend Chapters 151 & 162: (ADM 10-3630 Recycling and Collection Centers): An ordinance amending the Unified Development Code Chapter 151: Definitions and Chapter 162: Use Conditions to create definitions for community recycling drop-off facilities and centers for collecting recyclable materials and to allow such uses in appropriate zoning districts.
5. Amend Chapter 161: Zoning Regulations (Use Unit 43 Animal Boarding & Training): An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, Chapter 161: Zoning Regulations to permit use unit 43, Animal Boarding and Training, in certain situations in commercial, industrial, mixed use, and residential-agricultural zoning districts.
6. Amend Resolution No. 76-06 Lierly Lane Subdivision: A resolution to amend Resolution No. 76-06 to amend the site plan to replace five duplex lots with single family lots and change the lot once designated for the decentralized community septic system to single family lots and a developed park of about 2.5 acres.
7. Amend Ordinance No. 5344 (Watershed Conservation Resource Center): An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 5344 to approve an amendment to the memorandum of understanding with the Watershed Conservation Resource Center (WCRC) to allow for projects on public lands owned by the City of Fayetteville.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
aubunique: Volunteers to be honored at 5:30 p.m. Thursday on ...: "Fayetteville to Celebrate Community Volunteers September 2 The City of Fayetteville will be celebrating and thanking community volunteers t..."