Friday, September 21, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Agenda for Sept. 18, 2012, meeting of Fayetteville City Council with live links to backup information PLUS link to live online video on Government Channel
Link to view live video of city council meeting beginning at 6 p.m. today.
Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
September 18, 2012
City Council Meeting
September 18, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on September 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Advertising and Promotion Commission Appointment - The Commission recommends the appointment of Ching Mong|
|2.||Nominating Committee Report - Alderman Adella Gray|
1. Approval of the September 4, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Repeal Resolution No. 152-12 Drake Field Pavement Rehab & Re-Marking Phase II Project: A resolution repealing Resolution No. 152-12 rescinding an unneeded budget adjustment.
3. 2012-2013 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) Grant: A resolution to approve the 2012-2013 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program Grant award in the amount of $112,500.00 and to approve the attached budget adjustment.
4. Riggs Cat: A resolution to approve the purchase of a backhoe loader pursuant to the state contract from Riggs Cat in the amount of $136,000.00 plus any applicable sales tax and to approve the attached budget adjustment.
5. Goodwin & Goodwin Change Order 1: A resolution to approve Change Order No. 1 of the construction contract with Goodwin & Goodwin, Inc. for an additional $105,125.00 and to approve a budget adjustment.
6. Bid 12-67 Second Nature Property Management, LLC: A resolution awarding Bid #12-67 and authorizing a contract with Second Nature Property Management, LLC in the amount of $48,206.00 for the planting and maintenance of trees from the Tree Escrow Fund, and approving a ten percent (10%) project contingency.
7. Razing and Removal Costs for 1609 S. Duncan Avenue: A resolution certifying to the Tax Collector of Washington County, Arkansas the costs of razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure upon the property owned by Adam P. Dyess, Perry J. Dyess and Carolyn A. Dyess located at 1609 S. Duncan Avenue in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
1. RZN 12-4166 (South of Brookbury Crossing & East of Candlewood Developments/Riggins): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4166, for approximately 20.99 acres, located to the south of Skillern Road from R-A, Residential Agricultural to RSF-0.5, One Half Single-Family Units Per Acre. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the August 21, 2012 City Council meeting and Tabled to the September 18, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. §92.01 Definitions of the Animals Chapter & §92.35 Managed Care of Feral Cats: An ordinance to enact new definitions into §92.01 Definitions of the Animals Chapter of the Fayetteville Code and enact §92.35 Managed Care of Feral Cats
2. VAC 12-4141 (555 W. Maple St./555 Maple): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4141 submitted by McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. for property located at 555 West Maple Street to vacate a portion of Lafayette Street right-of-way, a total of 0.04 acres.
3. VAC 12-4201 Nantucket Phase IV: An ordinance approving VAC 12-4201 submitted by Civil Design Engineering for property located west of Morningside Drive (Nantucket Phase IV) to vacate a utility easement, a total of 0.24 acres.
4. ADM 10-3554 I-540 Design Overlay District and Board of Adjustment Variance Findings: An ordinance to amend Chapters, 151, 156, 161, 164, 166, and 174 of the Unified Development Code to repeal the requirements of the I-540 Design Overlay District and revise various sections of the code accordingly and to amend the Board of Adjustment findings for variances to reflect state statutes.
5. Amend 163.13 Wireless Communication Facilities: An ordinance to amend §163.13 Wireless Communication Facilities of the Unified Development Code to clarify height limitations for antennas placed upon existing structures, to empower the zoning and development administrator to grant a variance in appropriate circumstances and to declare an emergency.
6. Amend §36.01 Initiative Petitions; When to be Filed: An ordinance to amend §36.01 Initiative Petitions; when to be filed to change 60 days before the general election to 83 days before the general election to facilitate ballot printing for early voting.
7. 2012 Millage Levy: An ordinance levying a tax on the real and personal property within the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas for the year 2012 fixing the rate thereof at 1.3 mills for General Fund operations, 0.4 mills for the Firemen’s Pension and Relief Fund, 0.4 mills for the Policemen’s Pension and Relief Fund and 1.0 mill for the Fayetteville Public Library; and certifying the same to the County Clerk of Washington County, Arkansas.