Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
July 15, 2014
City Council Meeting
July 15, 2014
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on July 15, 2014 at 05:30 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||188th Arkansas Air National Guard Unit Fort Smith Presentation|
|2.||International Institute of Municipal Clerks Certified Municipal Clerk Presentation and Arkansas City Clerks, Recorders, and Treasurers Association Certified Arkansas Municipal Clerk Presentation|
|3.||Adrian White Municipal Leadership Award Presentation|
|4.||2013 Audit Report-Paul Becker Finance and Internal Services Director|
1. Approval of the July 01, 2014 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #14-28 Scruggs Equipment Co.: A resolution to award Bid #14-28 to Scruggs Equipment Co. of Memphis, Tennessee and to authorize the purchase of an RS Technical Services Trak-Star Van with pipeline television inspection system in the amount of $139,685.00 for use by the Water and Sewer Operations Division.
3. Bid #14-35 Industrial Precast, Inc.: A resolution to award Bid #14-35 and authorize the purchase of retaining wall blocks from Industrial Precast, Inc. in variable amounts as needed, and to authorize the use of other bidders based on price and availability as needed through the end of calendar year 2014.
4. Bid #14-37 Carter Waters: A resolution to award Bid #14-37 and authorize the purchase of cold asphalt concrete from Carter Waters for a unit price of $116.82 per ton, as needed, and to authorize the use of other bidders based on price and availability as needed through the end of calendar year 2014.
5. Bid #14-32 Future Link of Illinois, Inc.: A resolution to award Bid #14-32 and authorize the purchase of thirty-five (35) Mobile Computer Systems from Future Link of Illinois, Inc. in the amount of $150,500.00 for use in Fayetteville Police patrol vehicles.
6. Hazmat Services Revenue: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment recognizing hazmat services revenue received by the Fire Department since February 2014.
7. Pierce Manufacturing, Inc.: A resolution to approve a bid from Pierce Manufacturing, Inc. pursuant to the Houston-Galveston Area Council contract #800-926-0234 for a pierce 75 foot Heavy Duty Aluminum Ladder Fire Truck in the amount of $807,259.00 plus a contingency of $16,146.00.
8. Plante and Moran, PLLC: A resolution to approve an extension to the contract with Plante and Moran, PLLC for information technology services through the end of 2014 in the amount of $106,470.00, and to approve a budget adjustment.
9. Public Access Television Fee Revenue: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment in the amount of $4,000.00 recognizing public access television fee revenue to be used for promotional activities.
10. Yvonne Richardson Community Center: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment in the total amount of $28,202.00 representing donation revenue to the Yvonne Richardson Community Center for the first half of 2014.
11. Urban Sustainability Directors Network: A resolution to authorize acceptance of a grant from the Urban Sustainability Directors Network in the amount of $2,465.00, and to approve a budget adjustment.
12. Evans Construction and Remodeling, LLC: A resolution to authorize a contract with Evans Construction and Remodeling, LLC in the amount of $38,190.00 for Community Development Block Grant Rehabilitation of an eligible residence located at 1211 N. Starr Drive.
13. Sourcegas Arkansas, Inc.: A resolution to grant Mayor Jordan the authority to negotiate and to approve a utility work agreement with Sourcegas Arkansas, Inc. in the amount not to exceed $39,804.79 for the relocation of gas mains and facilities necessary for the Spring Street Parking Deck Project, and to approve a project contingency of $8,000.00.
14. Harvey Dowell Road Sewer Service Extension: A resolution to approve the extension of the City’s sewerage system beyond the city limits to a single residence located at 55 S. Harvey Dowell Road.
15. Federal Aviation Administration Grant Terminal Apron Rehabilitation Project: A resolution to authorize acceptance of a Federal Aviation Administration Grant in the amount of $32,445.00 to be used for the Drake Field Terminal Apron Rehabilitation Project; to authorize the application for and acceptance of a grant for the remaining project balance from the Arkansas Department of Aeronautics at the conclusion of the project; and to approve a budget adjustment.
|B.||Unfinished Business: None|
1. Walton Family Foundation Grant Acceptance - Town Branch Trail: A resolution to express the City Council’s thanks and gratitude to the Walton Family Foundation for its generous $815,000.00 matching grant for the completion of Town Branch and Tsa-La-Gi Trails, to approve the grant agreement and to approve a budget adjustment to recognize this $815,000.00 grant.
2. Walton Family Foundation Grant Acceptance - Cato Springs Trail Design: A resolution to express the City Council’s thanks and gratitude to the Walton Family Foundation for its generous $150,000.00 matching grant for the design and engineering of the Cato Springs Trail, to approve the grant agreement and to approve a budget adjustment to recognize this $150,000.00 grant.
3. RZN 14-4703 (Northeast Corner of Wedington and Rupple Road/Wedington Zone 2): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 14-4703, for approximately 6.88 acres, located at the northeast corner of Wedington and Rupple Road from C-1, Neighborhood Commercial, C-2, Thoroughfare Commercial, and I-PZD, Industrial Planned Zoning District Westside Mini-Storage to CS, Community Services.
4. RZN 14-4729 (Cato Springs Rd./Chambers Bank): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 14-4729, for approximately 253.23 acres, located along Cato Springs Road adjacent to the City’s Regional Park property from R-PZD, Residential Planned Zoning District Southpass 08-2898, to UT, Urban Thoroughfare, CS, Community Services, and NC, Neighborhood Conservation.
5. RZN 14-4731 (Regional Park/Mt. Kessler Reserve): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 14-4731, for approximately 630 acres, located at Mt. Kessler Regional Park from R-PZD, Residential Planned Zoning District Southpass 08-2898, to P-1, Institutional.
6. VAC 14-4753 (1560 S. Happy Hollow Rd/Recycling and Trash Collection Facility): An ordinance approving VAC 14-4753 submitted by city staff for property located at 1560 S. Happy Hollow Road to vacate existing street right-of-way for Happy Hollow Road.
7. Baldwin & Shell Construction Company: A resolution to authorize an amendment to the contract with Baldwin & Shell Construction Company for demolition and mass excavation services for the Spring Street Parking Deck.
8. Repeal §178.05 Food Truck Limited Time Permits: An ordinance to repeal §178.05 Food Truck Limited Time Permits and enact a replacement §178.05 Food Truck and Food Trailer Limited Time Permits.
9. Enact Chapter 119 Civil Rights Administration: An ordinance to amend the Fayetteville Code by enacting Chapter 119 Civil Rights Administration to protect the Civil Rights of Fayetteville citizens and visitors and to create the position of Civil Rights Administrator for the City of Fayetteville.
City Council Agenda Session Presentations:
|1.||2013 Audit Management Report-Judy Jacobs Audit Committee Chair|
D. City Council Tour: