Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
December 17, 2013
City Council Meeting
December 17, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on December 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||City Board of Health - Appointments must be made by the mayor and approved by the City Council to serve during the term of the appointing mayor.|
|2.||Public Facilities Board - Members must be nominated by a majority of the board and appointed by the mayor subject to confirmation of the governing body of the City.|
|3.||Nominating Committee Report|
1. Approval of the December 03, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Police Department Policy: A resolution approving Fayetteville Police Department policy 41.2.9 Foot Pursuit.
3. Cruse Uniform and Equipment, Inc.: A resolution awarding RFP #13-17 and approving a contract with Cruse Uniform and Equipment, Inc. to serve as quartermaster for the Police Department.
4. Fayetteville Police Department Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $3,050.00 recognizing donation revenue to the Fayetteville Police Department in support of officer service awards, general recognition and repair of the vandalized police memorial monument.
5. Safeware: A resolution approving the purchase of a hazardous materials decontamination tent from Safeware through a cooperative purchasing agreement, in the amount of $42,060.74, and approving a budget adjustment.
6. Bid #13-54 College Shoe Shop: A resolution awarding Bid #13-54 and approving an agreement with College Shoe Shop in the amount of $22,000.00 for the purchase of wildland firefighting boots for the Fire Department.
7. General Construction Solutions, Inc. Change Order No. 3: A resolution approving Change Order No. 3 to the contract with General Construction Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $7,009.00, and approving an additional project contingency in the amount of $700.00, for the construction of improvements to Mount Sequoyah Gardens.
8. CDBG Public Facility Lease Program: A resolution approving an amendment to the lease agreement with Prism Education Center for 2190 S. Razorback Road which is part of the CDBG Public Facility Lease Program.
9. A&P Bond Special Election: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $14,000.00 to provide funding for payment of costs related to the A&P Bond Special Election.
1. Razing and Removal Costs for 515 E. Township Street: A resolution certifying to the Tax Collector of Washington County, Arkansas the costs of razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure upon the property owned by Marshall Aaron Mahan located at 515 E. Township Street in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
2. Razing and Removal Costs for 1717 S. Stirman Avenue: A resolution certifying to the Tax Collector of Washington County, Arkansas the costs of razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure upon the property owned by Mary Lou Guthery located at 1717 S. Stirman Avenue in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
3. VAC 13-4516 (Brenda Drive, Court and Walton Street/University of Arkansas): Public hearing on the petition of the University of Arkansas to vacate Brenda Drive, Court and Walton Street and alley.
1. VAC 13-4516 (Brenda Drive, Court and Walton Street/University of Arkansas): An ordinance to approve the University of Arkansas’ petition to vacate Brenda Drive, Court Street, Walton Street and a thirty foot wide alley all within property owned by the University of Arkansas. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the November 19, 2013 City Council meeting. This was left on the Second Reading and Tabled to the December 17, 2013 City Council meeting.
2. Amend Chapter 178: An ordinance to repeal §178.03 Sidewalk Vendors and enact a replacement §178.03 Sidewalk Vendors and Food Trucks and to repeal §178.04 Outdoor Mobile Vendors Located on Private Property and enact a replacement §178.04 Outdoor Mobile Vendors Located on Private Property. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the November 19, 2013 City Council meeting and tabled to the December 17, 2013 City Council meeting.
3. ADM 13-4450 (Pratt Place Inn): An ordinance amending a Commercial Planned Zoning District entitled C-PZD 05-1670 Pratt Place Inn, to revise the hours of operation as listed in Section 1. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the November 19, 2013 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the December 3, 2013 City Council meeting.
1. Bid #13-56 APAC-Central, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #13-56 and approving a contract with APAC-Central, Inc. in the amount of $4,587,250.02 for construction of Van Asche Drive, approving a ten percent (10%) project contingency, and approving a budget adjustment.
2. VAC 13-4533 (2732 & 2734 Wildwood/Legacy): An ordinance approving VAC 13-4533 submitted by Bates and Associates for property located at 2732 and 2734 Wildwood to vacate a utility and drainage easement.
3. RZN 13-4538 (Razorback Road/Victory Commons): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4538, for approximately 5.09 acres, located at 731 S Razorback Road from I-1, Heavy Commercial and Light Industrial, to UT, Urban Thoroughfare.
4. Solid Waste Services: A resolution to develop a Request For Qualifications or Proposals for the planning of a 10-year expansion of solid waste services to attain a diversion rate of 80% and to delay the scheduled rate study of solid waste services until its completion and adoption or rejection.
|E.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Animal Services Presentation - Justine Lentz, Animal Services Superintendent
|F.||City Council Tour:|