Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
August 19, 2014
City Council Meeting
August 19, 2014
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on August 19, 2014 at 05:30 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Quarterly Financial Report - 2nd Quarter 2014, Paul Becker, Finance Director|
1. Approval of the August 05, 2014 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Evans Construction and Remodeling, LLC (898 S. Hill Avenue): A resolution to authorize a contract with Evans Construction and Remodeling, LLC in the amount of $39,765.00 for Community Development Block Grant Rehabilitation of an eligible residence located at 898 S. Hill Avenue.
3. Justice Assistance and State Drug Crime Enforcement Grant: A resolution accepting the 2014-2015 Justice Assistance and State Drug Crime Enforcement Grant for Federal and State funding in the amounts of $73,705.16 and $111,529.83 respectively, as a portion of the funding for the 4th Judicial District Drug Task Force.
4. B & H Photo Video: A resolution to award Bid #14-44 and authorize the purchase of components for a Location Production System from B&H Photo-Video Corp. in the amount of $26,971.13 for use by the Media Services Division.
5. McClelland Consulting Engineers (Zion Road): A resolution to authorize an amendment to the contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $90,610.00 to provide for design and related services for sanitary sewer relocation and improvements along a portion of Zion Road, and to approve a Budget Adjustment.
6. John Stalling Studio (Art Sculpture at the Marion Orton Recycling Drop Off Center): A resolution to authorize a contract with John Stalling Studio in the amount of $9,400.00 for an art sculpture to be installed at the Marion Orton Recycling Drop Off Center, and to approve a budget adjustment.
7. CivicPlus (Website Redesign): A resolution to authorize a contract with Icon Enterprises, Inc. doing business as Civicplus in the amount of $65,714.00 plus applicable taxes for City website and intranet redesign and hosting, and to approve a project contingency in the amount of $6,571.00.
8. New World Systems (Data Sharing Software Module): A resolution to authorize an amendment to the contract with New World Systems in the amount of $23,980.00 plus applicable sales tax for the addition of a data sharing software module to the existing Police Department records management system, and to authorize the mayor to sign memoranda of understanding with the cities of Rogers and Bentonville regarding the sharing of police records.
9. Bid #14-43 Benchmark Construction: A resolution to award Bid #14-43 and authorize the mayor to sign a contract with Benchmark Construction of NWA, Inc. in the amount of $42,879.48 for replacement of the driveway at Fire Station No. 1, and to approve a project contingency of $8,575.90.
10. Master Street Plan Amendment: A resolution amending the Master Street Plan by removing the internal collector streets that were planned in the Southpass R-PZD 08-2898 and downgrading Finger Road from a collector to a local street from the intersection of Plumerosa Road South to the Mount Kessler area, as described and depicted in the attached map.
1. Enact Chapter 119 Civil Rights Administration: An ordinance to amend the Fayetteville Code by enacting Chapter 119 Civil Rights Administration to protect the Civil Rights of Fayetteville citizens and visitors and to create the position of Civil Rights Administrator for the City of Fayetteville. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the July 15, 2014 City Council meeting. This ordinance was amended and left on the Second Reading at the August 5, 2014 City Council meeting.
2. 2015-2019 Capital Improvements Plan (CIP): A resolution to adopt the 2015-2019 five-year Capital Improvement Plan. This resolution was tabled at the August 5, 2014 City Council meeting to the August 19, 2014 City Council meeting.
1. VAC 14-4780 (1414 S. Happy Hollow Road): An ordinance approving VAC 14-4780 submitted by Blew & Associates for property located at 1414 S. Happy Hollow Road to vacate existing street right-of-way.
2. VAC 14-4777 (McConnell and Drake): An ordinance approving VAC 14-4777 submitted by Jorgensen & Associates for property located at the northeast corner of McConnell and Drake to vacate an existing street right-of-way and portion of a utility easement.
3. VAC 14-4768 (Arlis Herriman 2622 East Golden Oaks Road): An ordinance approving VAC 14-4768 submitted by Arlis Herriman for property located at 2622 East Golden Oaks Road to vacate a portion of an existing utility easement, a total of 275 square feet.
4. VAC 14-4776 (3535 North College Avenue): An ordinance approving VAC 14-4776 submitted by Jorgensen & Associates for property located at 3535 North College Avenue to vacate an existing utility easement, a total of 6,300 square feet.
5. Gulley Land Purchase: A resolution to approve the attached Offer and Acceptance Contract in which the City agrees to purchase about 11 acres of land including two houses and any outbuildings from Mary L. Dunn for the amount of One Million One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,100,000.00), to authorize Mayor Jordan to sign all necessary documents for this purchase and to approve the attached budget adjustment.
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Economic Development Quarterly Presentation -Chung Tan, Chamber of Commerce
|E.||City Council Tour:|