Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
October 7, 2014
City Council Meeting
October 7, 2014
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on October 7, 2014 at 05:30 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Bi Monthly Report on Public Transportation|
1. Approval of the August 19-20, 2014 and September 02, 2014 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Paige Mulhollan Waterfowl Blind: A resolution to honor Paige Mulhollan by naming the waterfowl blind to be constructed at Lake Fayetteville Park the Paige Mulhollan Waterfowl Blind.
3. Bid #14-31 Cummins Mid-South: A resolution to award Bid #14-31 and authorize a generator preventative maintenance contract with Cummins Mid-South in the amount of $15,040 per year plus non-scheduled service calls at the rate of $115.20 per hour.
4. 2014-2015 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) grant: A resolution to authorize acceptance of a 2014-2015 Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) grant award in the amount of $116,900.00, and to approve a budget adjustment.
5. Arkansas State Police Special State Asset Forfeiture Grant: A resolution to authorize acceptance of a non-matching Arkansas State Police Special State Asset Forfeiture Grant in the amount of $36,069.00 for the purchase of a covert cellular wire and two (2) undercover drug enforcement vehicles, and to approve a budget adjustment.
6. Bid #14-52 Teeco Safety, Inc.: A resolution to award Bid #14-52 to Teeco Safety, Inc., to authorize the immediate purchase of twelve (12) replacement tactical body armor vests for emergency response team officers in the amount of $23,580.00 plus applicable taxes, and to authorize the purchase of body armor vests as needed through 2019 for use by the Police Department.
7. Bid #14-53 Cameron Bridge Works, LLC: A resolution to award Bid #14-53 and authorize the purchase of a prefabricated steel bridge from Cameron Bridge Works, LLC of Elmira, New York in the amount of $53,991.00 plus applicable taxes for installation over Town Branch Creek as part of the Frisco Trail extension.
8. McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc.: A resolution to approve a professional engineering services agreement with McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. for engineering design and bidding services for the Ramsey and Overcrest Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation Project in an amount not to exceed $228,644.00, and to approve a budget adjustment.
9. Grubbs, Hoskyn, Barton & Wyatt, Inc.: A resolution to authorize a contract with Grubbs, Hoskyn, Barton & Wyatt, Inc. for materials testing and construction observation services on the Spring Street Parking Deck Project in an amount not to exceed $120,000.00.
10. Garver, LLC Amendment No. 3: A resolution to approve Amendment No. 3 to the contract with Garver, LLC for construction administration services on the Spring Street Parking Deck Project in an amount not to exceed $168,600.00.
|B.||Unfinished Business: None|
1. Special Referendum Election Ordinance No. 5703: A resolution to set the date for the special election for the referendum election on Ordinance No. 5703 which enacted Chapter 119 of the Fayetteville code to create a process for the protection of civil rights in the city of Fayetteville and requesting the Washington County Board of Election Commissioners to place this referendum on the ballot and to approve a budget adjustment to pay for the special election.
2. BlueInGreen, LLC: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving the purchase of an ozone disinfection system from BlueInGreen, LLC of Fayetteville, Arkansas in the amount of $1,780,825.00 plus any applicable taxes for the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant.
3. Tree Preservation Area Modification for the Frisco and Town Branch Trails: A resolution to approve a request by the City of Fayetteville to modify the geographic extent and location of certain Tree Preservation Areas pursuant to § 167.04(l)(2), Tree Preservation and Protection, Unified Development Code of the Code of Fayetteville, to construct sections of the Frisco and Town Branch Trails.
4. Walton Arts Center Cost-Share Agreement: An ordinance to waive the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approve a cost-share agreement with the Walton Arts Center for the construction of the new Walton Arts Center Administrative Headquarters Building.
5. Baldwin & Shell Construction Company Amendment No. 2: A resolution to authorize Amendment No. 2 to the contract with Baldwin & Shell Construction Company for construction phase services for the Spring Street Parking Deck project, and to approve a budget adjustment.
6. Police Department Ninth Beat Feasibility Study: A resolution to request that the administration study the necessity and feasibility of adding a ninth beat and five additional police officers to the Fayetteville police department
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Building Energy Efficiency Update - Peter Nierengarten and Paul Becker
|E.||City Council Tour:|