Planning Commission Planning Commissioners
Sean Trumbo, Chair Craig Honchell
Audy Lack, Vice-Chair Christine Myres
Matthew Cabe, Secretary Jim Zant
City of Fayetteville, Arkansas
Planning Commission Meeting
March 8, 2010
A meeting of the Fayetteville Planning Commission will be held on March 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Agenda Session Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the minutes from the Monday, February 22, 2010 meeting.
2. CUP 10-3512: Conditional Use Permit (CELL TOWER/HILL & MLK, JR.BLVD, 522): Submitted by SMITH TWO-WAY RADIO for property located SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF HILL AVENUE AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS. The property is zoned C-2, THOROUGHFARE COMMERCIAL and contains approximately 0.12 acres. The request is for a 150 ft. 'flag pole type' cellular tower on the subject property. Planner: Dara Sanders
3. ADM 10-3533: Administrative Item (AARON WATSON, 323): Submitted by AARON WATSON for property located at the NORTHEAST CORNER OF MOUNT COMFORT AND SALEM ROADS. The request is for a variance of Fayetteville Unified Development Code Section 166.08 to permit a curb cut on Mount Comfort Road, a Minor Arterial, when there is an existing curb cut onto Salem Road, a Collector.
Planner: Andrew Garner
4. LSD 09-3372: Large Scale Development (LIFE STYLES, INC., 363): Submitted by BATES & ASSOCIATES for property located at THE CORNER OF W. SYCAMORE STREET AND SADDLEHORN AVENUE. The property is zoned P-1, INSTITUTIONAL and contains approximately 1.27 acres. The request is for a 14,165 s.f. educational facility with associated parking and infrastructure. Planner: Dara Sanders
5. CUP 10-3520: Conditional Use Permit (DICKSON ST. DEVELOPMENT CO., LLC/OUTDOOR MUSIC, 484): Submitted by DICKSON STREET DEVELOPMENT CO., LLC for property located at 301/303/307 W. DICKSON. The property is zoned MSC, MAIN STREET CENTER and contains approximately 0.13 acres. The request is for a conditional use permit for outdoor music. Planner: Dara Sanders
6. CUP 10-3525: Conditional Use Permit (JOANNE OLSZEWSKI/345 ST.CHARLES, 518): Submitted by JOANNE OLSZEWSKI for property located at 345 ST. CHARLES. The property is zoned NC, NEIGHBORHOOD CONSERVATION and contains approximately 0.07 acres. The request is for a conditional use permit for a change in an existing nonconforming use for professional office, chiropractic/massage therapy office, and a beauty salon. Planner: Andrew Garner
The following item has been approved administratively by City staff:
1. FPL 10-3521: Final Plat (CREEKSIDE S/D Ph. II/ MT. COMFORT ROAD, 360): Submitted by H2 ENGINEERING, INC. for property located at 4225-4427 MT. COMFORT ROAD. The property is zoned RSF-4, SINGLE FAMILY - 4 UNITS/ACRE and contains approximately 10.94 acres. The request is for Final Plat approval of Phase II of the Creekside residential subdivision with 13 single family lots.
Planner: Andrew Garner
NOTICE TO MEMBERS OF THE AUDIENCE
All interested parties may appear and be heard at the public hearings. If you wish to address the Planning Commission on an agenda item please queue behind the podium when the Chair asks for public comment. Once the Chair recognizes you, go to the podium and give your name and address. Address your comments to the Chair, who is the presiding officer. The Chair will direct your comments to the appropriate appointed official, staff, or others for response. Please keep your comments brief, to the point, and relevant to the agenda item being considered so that everyone has a chance to speak.
As a courtesy please turn off all cell phones and pagers.
A copy of the Planning Commission agenda and other pertinent data are open and available for inspection in the office of City Planning (575-8267), 125 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas. All interested parties are invited to review the petitions.
Interpreters or TDD, Telecommunication Device for the Deaf, are available for all public hearings; 72 hour notice is required. For further information or to request an interpreter, please call 575-8330.