Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
May 21, 2013
City Council Meeting
May 21, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on May 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the May 07, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #13-20 Shipley Motor Equipment Company: A resolution awarding Bid #13-20 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) Mack trucks with Wayne Titan bodies from Shipley Motor Equipment Company in the amount of $490,120.00 for use by the Solid Waste Division.
3. Bid #13-21 Terex Utilities: A resolution awarding Bid #13-21 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-550 truck from Terex Utilities of North Little Rock in the amount of $44,285.00 for use by the Transportation Division.
4. Bid #13-24 Terex Utilities: A resolution awarding Bid #13-24 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-550 truck with Reading body and auto crane from Terex Utilities of North Little Rock in the amount of $72,660.00 for use by the Parks and Recreation Department.
5. Bid #13-27 Rehrig Pacific Company: A resolution awarding Bid #13-27 and authorizing a contract with Rehrig Pacific Company in the amount of $40,450.00 for the purchase of curbside recycling bins and lids and approving continuing purchases, as needed, for the next five (5) years pursuant to bid price adjustments.
6. Belt Loader and Golf Car Purchase: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $27,275.00 to transfer funds to the Fleet Division for the purchase of one (1) belt loader and one (1) golf car for use at Fayetteville Executive Airport.
7. Bid #13-28 Clifford Power Systems: A resolution awarding Bid #13-28 and authorizing a contract with Clifford Power Systems in the amount of $36,705.17 for EPA mandated modification to the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant backup power generator.
8. Prism Education Center Lease Agreement: A resolution approving a Community Development Block Grant Public Facility Lease Agreement with Prism Education Center for 10 S. College Avenue.
9. Building Performance Institute Class Reimbursement: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $1,195.00 recognizing reimbursement revenue for a Building Performance Institute class from Northwest Arkansas Community College.
10. Northwest Arkansas Metro Chiefs Association Regional HAZMAT: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $28,565.00 to utilize Northwest Arkansas Metro Chiefs Association Regional HAZMAT team assets for purposes of start-up and outfitting of a Fayetteville HAZMAT team.
11. AvFuel Corporation: A resolution awarding RFP #13-05 and approving a five (5) year contract with AvFuel Corporation for the provision of aviation fuel and refueler trucks for Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field.
12. Keep America Beautiful/UPS Foundation Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a community tree planting non-matching grant from Keep America Beautiful and the UPS Foundation in the amount of $5,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
13. Rodgers Drive Budget Adjustment: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment in the amount of $110,000.00 to increase the budget to repair a portion of Rodgers Drive next to the City’s water towers.
1. Amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market: An ordinance to amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market to transfer the current free use of the south parking spaces on Mountain Street to the control of the Rural Mountain Producers Exchange Board, to close Mountain Street to traffic, to permit sound amplification during Farmers’ Market and to make other changes. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the March 19, 2013 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the April 2, 2013 City Council meeting and sent to the Ordinance Review Committee. This ordinance was left on the Third Reading at the April 16, 2013 City Council meeting and Tabled to the May 7, 2013 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Third Reading at the May 7, 2013 City Council meeting and Tabled to the May 21, 2013 City Council meeting.
1. Historic Woolsey Family Homestead: A resolution to express the City Council’s intent to examine the feasibility of preserving the historic Woolsey Family homestead in west Fayetteville.
2. RZN 13-4348 (1035 N. Gregg Ave./Smith): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4348, for approximately 0.44 acres, located at 1035 North Gregg Avenue from RMF-24, Residential Multi-Family, 24 units per acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation.
3. VAC 13-4346 (902 S. School St./Ferguson’s Addition): An ordinance approving VAC 13-4346 submitted by city staff for property located around 902 South School Street (Ferguson’s Addition) to vacate a 60 foot right-of-way.
4. Amend Chapters 151, 161, 164 and 172: An ordinance to amend Chapters 151, 161, 164 and 172 of the Unified Development Code to modify certain standards within Urban Zoning Districts, to clarify and add flexibility to some of these requirements, to amend building height references and add a maximum building height to the C-1 Zoning District, and to provide supplement design standards for auto-oriented facilities within these districts.
5. 2013 COPS Hiring Program Matching Grant: A resolution approving an application for a 2013 COPS Hiring Program matching grant in the amount of $375,000.00 to fund three (3) police officers for a period of four (4) years with the $348,494.00 matching requirement split proportionally between the City and the Fayetteville School District.
6. Solid Waste Budget Adjustment: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $302,600.00 to provide funding from reserves for Solid Waste personnel training, additional roll-off containers, carts, and recycling containers.
7. Willow Bend Development: A resolution to express the City Council’s intent to invest about one million dollars to cost share the construction of city infrastructure within the houses at Willow Bend development with proper assurances that affordable, owner occupied housing will be constructed and preserved in this new neighborhood.
8. Amend Article XVI City Council Street Committee: An ordinance to amend Article XVI City Council Street Committee of the Code of Fayetteville to change its name and provide additional areas for it to study and make recommendations to the full City Council.
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. CH2M Hill Wastewater Operations Annual Report - Billy Ammons, CH2M Hill Regional Business Manager
|E.||City Council Tours:|