Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
February 18, 2013
City Council Meeting
February 18, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on February 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the February 04, 2014 City Council meeting minutes.
2. McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. Task Order No. 10: A resolution to approve Task Order No. 10 with McClelland Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $36,050.00 for project design and bidding services associated with the Terminal Apron Rehabilitation Project and to approve a budget adjustment of $36,050.00.
3. Garver Engineers, LLC: A resolution approving a contract with Garver Engineers, LLC in an amount not to exceed $352,879.00 for the design of Rupple Road from Starry Night View to Mount Comfort Road, and to approve a budget adjustment of $352,879.00.
4. Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Agreement: A resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Agreement for 2014 when received in the estimated amount of $540,700.00 and approving the 2014 Action Plan.
5. Amend Resolution No. 07-14: A resolution amending Resolution No. 07-14 to change the awarding of Bid #14-04 for the purchase of hillside gravel from Leming & Son Trucking, Inc. to Les Rogers, Inc. for materials picked up in the amount of $1.49 per ton and authorizing the use of other bidders based on price and availability as needed through the end of calendar year 2014.
6. Combs Park Tree Mitigation: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $4,250.00 to transfer a tree escrow balance for the planting of mitigation trees in Combs Park.
7. 2014 Keep America Beautiful/Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Grant: A resolution authorizing application for a 2014 Keep America Beautiful/Dr. Pepper Snapple Group grant in the amount of $6,800.00.
8. Rotochopper Go - Bagger: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $18,500.00 to recognize revenue received from the auction and sale of Unit 479 - 2005 Rotochopper Go-Bagger 250.
9. Karcher North America, Inc.: A resolution to approve and certify the participation of Karcher North America, Inc. in the Arkansas Tax Back Program and to agree to authorize DF&A to refund city sales tax back to Karcher North America, Inc.
1. Amend Chapter 178: An ordinance to repeal §178.03 Sidewalk Vendors and enact a replacement §178.03 Sidewalk Vendors and Food Trucks and to repeal §178.04 Outdoor Mobile Vendors Located on Private Property and enact a replacement §178.04 Outdoor Mobile Vendors Located on Private Property. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the November 19, 2013 City Council meeting and tabled to the December 17, 2013 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the December 17, 2013 City Council meeting and Tabled to the January 21, 2014 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the January 21, 2014 City Council meeting and Tabled to the February 18, 2014 City Council meeting.
2. RZN 13-4538 (Razorback Road/Victory Commons): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4538, for approximately 5.09 acres, located at 731 S. Razorback Road from I-1, Heavy Commercial and Light Industrial, to UT, Urban Thoroughfare. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the December 17, 2013 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the January 7, 2014 City Council meeting and Tabled to the February 4, 2014 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the February 5, 2014 City Council meeting and Tabled to the February 18, 2014 City Council meeting.
1. ADM 13-4331 Amend Chapters 151, 162, 163 and 164: An ordinance to amend §164.10 Garage and/or Agricultural and Produce Sales; §161.10 (X) Unit 24 Home Occupation; §163.08 Home Occupations and §164.04 Urban Agriculture (fowl, bees, and goats) of the Unified Development Code.
2. Teeco Safety, Inc.: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract with Teeco Safety, Inc. in the amount of $192,344.50 for the purchase of taser products.
3. Mt. Kessler Acquisition: A resolution to authorize Mayor Jordan to apply for and accept a 50/50 matching grant from the Walton Family Foundation in the amount of $1,500,000.00, to use this grant and $1,600,000.00 out of reserves to purchase about 328 acres of Mt. Kessler from Chambers Bank and to build a trailhead, to approve a land swap with Chambers Bank, to support a parkland dedication of about 48 acres for future parkland credit and to approve the attached budget adjustment.
4. Kum & Go, L.C. Agreement: A resolution to approve the fourth amendment to land sale agreement with Kum & Go, L.C. to extend the closing date to no later than April 21, 2014 and to agree to equally share the City’s portion of the costs of a dedicated left turn lane.
5. Reappropriating Bonded, On-Going Capital Projects and Containing Obligations: A resolution to amend the 2014 adopted budget by reappropriating $75,497,000.00 in bonded or ongoing capital projects, outstanding obligations and grant funded items.
6. RZN 13-4536 (4310 Martin Luther King Blvd./Edwards): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4536, for approximately 0.74 acres located on the north side of west Martin Luther King Boulevard near the border of Farmington from R-A, Residential Agricultural to CS, Community Services.
7. ADM 13-4603: (UDC Amendment Chapter 161, Use Unit 44, Cottage Housing Development): An ordinance to amend Chapter 161 of the Unified Development Code to authorize Cottage Housing Development (UU-44) into zoning districts in which it was originally approved by Ordinance No. 5462.
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
|E.||City Council Tour:|