Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
March 4, 2014
City Council Meeting
March 4, 2014
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on March 4, 2014 at 06:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Quarterly Financial Report - 4th Quarter 2013, Paul Becker, Finance Director|
1. Approval of the February 18, 2014 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #13-57 Center Point Contractors, Inc.: A resolution to award Bid #13-57 and to authorize a contract with Center Point Contractors, Inc. for the replacement of six (6) rolling service doors in the amount of $64,500.00 at the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant and the Biosolids Management Site.
3. Federal Aviation Administration Lease Agreement: A resolution to approve a ten (10) year lease agreement for $31,020.00 per year with the Federal Aviation Administration for a facility at 4370 S. School Avenue for use by its Facilities Maintenance Team.
4. Hazmat Services Revenue: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment recognizing hazmat services revenue to the Fire Department, and authorizing an increase in the related expense budget.
5. Bid #14-14 Tennant Sales and Service: A resolution to award Bid #14-14 to Tennant Sales and Service of Minneapolis, Minnesota for the purchase of one Tennant S30 Sweeper in the amount of $44,291.00 for use by the Recycling and Trash Collection Division.
6. Bid #14-15 Terex Sales and Service: A resolution to award Bid #14-15 and authorize the purchase of one (1) 2015 Ford F550 Super Duty Pickup Truck with Reading Body and Auto Crane from Terex Utilities of North Little Rock in the amount of $77,777.00 for use by the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant.
7. Professional Turf Products: A resolution to authorize the purchase of two (2) Toro Groundsmaster 400D Multi-Deck Mowers from Professional Turf Products of Lenexa, Kansas for the Parks Division in the amount of $112,088.66 plus any tax pursuant to the National IPA Contract #120535, and to approve a budget adjustment to move funds to the fleet expense account.
8. Countryside Farm and Lawn: A resolution to authorize the purchase of two (2) John Deere Mower-Conditioners from Countryside Farm and Lawn of Springdale, Arkansas for the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant in the amount of $48,572.00 plus any applicable tax pursuant to an NJPA cooperative purchasing agreement.
9. Scott Equipment: A resolution authorizing the purchase of a Gradall XL4100 IV excavator truck from Scott Equipment of Springdale, Arkansas for the Transportation Division in the amount of $354,893.00 pursuant to an NJPA cooperative purchasing agreement.
10. Crafton Tull & Associates: A resolution to approve a contract with Crafton Tull & Associates in an amount not to exceed $83,225.00 for architectural and engineering services associated with the renovation of the Lake Fayetteville Softball Complex.
1. ADM 13-4331 Amend Chapters 151, 162, 163 and 164: An ordinance to amend §164.10 Garage and/or Agricultural and Produce Sales; §161.10 (X) Unit 24 Home Occupation; §163.08 Home Occupations and §164.04 Urban Agriculture (fowl, bees, and goats) of the Unified Development Code. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the February 18, 2014 City Council meeting.
2. Amend §92.01 Definitions, §92.23 Impoundment and §92.24 Redemption of Animals: An ordinance to Amend §92.01 Definitions, §92.23 Impoundment and §92.24 Redemption of Animals of the Fayetteville Code to authorize the Animal Shelter to accept livestock and set the redemption fee for their release. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the February 18, 2014 City Council meeting.
1. Piggy Back, LLC: A resolution to grant a certificate of public convenience and necessity to Piggy Back, LLC for the operation of four (4) taxicabs in the City of Fayetteville.
1. 2014 Overlay/Sidewalk Projects: A resolution to approve the Transportation Division Overlay/Sidewalk Projects list for 2014.
2. Partners For Better Housing Workforce Housing: A resolution to express the City Council’s intent to sell a strip of land east of the new parking deck along School Avenue to Partners for Better Housing to screen the deck and provide workforce housing.
3. 2014 Employee Compensation Adjustment: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment in the amount of $1,216,000.00 to fund the city-wide 2014 Employee Compensation Adjustment.
4. Water and Sewer System Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2014: An ordinance authorizing the issuance and sale of not to exceed $7,500,000 of Water and Sewer System Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2014, by the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas for the purpose of refunding the City’s outstanding Water and Sewer System Revenue Bonds, Series 2009; authorizing the execution and delivery of a Fourth Supplemental Trust Indenture pursuant to which the Series 2014 Bonds will be issued and secured; authorizing the execution and delivery of an Official Statement pursuant to which the Series 2014 Bonds will be offered; authorizing the execution and delivery of a Bond Purchase Agreement providing for the sale of the Series 2014 bonds; authorizing the execution and delivery of an Escrow Deposit Agreement providing for the redemption of the Series 2009 Bonds; authorizing the execution and delivery of a Continuing Disclosure Agreement; and prescribing other matters relating thereto.
5. McGoodwin, Williams and Yates, Inc. Amendment No. 1: A resolution to approve Amendment No. 1 to the agreement with McGoodwin, Williams and Yates, Inc. for design services associated with the Recycling and Trash Collection Division Office Building Expansion and Site Improvements.
|E.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Urban Forestry Advisory Board Annual Report - Don Steinkraus, UFAB Chair
2. Economic Development Quarterly Report - Chung Tan, Director of Economic Development
|F.||City Council Tour:|