Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
March 6, 2012
City Council Meeting
March 6, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on March 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||4th Quarter Financial Report 2011, Paul Becker, Finance Director|
1. Approval of the February 21, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Office of National Drug Control Policy Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $98,808.00 recognizing revenue from the Office of National Drug Control Policy Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area.
3. Water and Sewer Relocation AHTD-Utility Agreement: A resolution approving a contract with the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Commission regarding utility construction and relocation of water and sewer utilities related to the Highway 112 Spur (Garland Avenue) Widening and Improvement Project.
4. Garver, LLC: A resolution approving a contract with Garver, LLC in an amount not to exceed $40,000.00 for professional engineering services related to the renovation of the Wilson Park swimming pool deck and interior.
5. 4248 S. School Ave. Hangar Improvements: A resolution awarding Bid #12-22 and authorizing a contract with Pick-It Construction, Inc. in the amount of $235,100.00 for construction of alterations and improvements to the hangar at 4248 S. School Avenue, approving a project contingency of $16,750.00, recognizing and accepting grant revenue form the Arkansas Department of Aeronautics to partially fund the project, and approving a budget adjustment.
6. City of Elkins Cost-Share Agreement: A resolution approving a cost-sharing agreement with the City of Elkins in an amount not to exceed $150,000.00 for replacement and improvements of the Elkins Outfall Sewer Line.
7. Rosetta Construction, LLC: A resolution to approve a construction contract with Rosetta Construction, LLC for $692,223.00 with a contingency of $50,000.00 to construct the Elkins Outfall Gravity Sewer Improvements and to approve the attached budget adjustment of $416,818.00.
8. Off Street Parking Development District No. 1 Appointment: A resolution to approve the appointment of James A. Williams, Jr. to the Board of Improvement of the Downtown Off Street Parking Development District No. 1 of the City of Fayetteville.
1. Amend Chapter 151 Definition of "Family": An ordinance to amend the definition of "Family" found in Chapter 151 Definitions of the Unified Development Code to allow the City Council to authorize up to five (5) unrelated persons in some units of a Planned Zoning District. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the February 7, 2012 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the February 21, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. Garland Avenue Water and Sewer Relocation Project: A resolution authorizing the City Attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by the Glen David Wilson Trust & Linda Kay Hinkle, Caren E. & Richard L. Hanna, Bob L. & Wilma B. Bonds, Margot Khavinson, Remington C. Hendrix, Spirits Shop, Inc., and Donald W. & Brenda Sue Johnston needed for water and sewer relocations along N. Garland Avenue, and approving a budget adjustment.
1. RZN 12-4024 (1934 E. Huntsville Rd./Stiles): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4024, for approximately 0.4 acres, located at 1934 East Huntsville Road from RSF-4, Residential Single-Family, 4 units per acre to NS, Neighborhood Services.
2. Amend §114.03 First Thursday Fayetteville: An ordinance to amend §114.03 First Thursday Fayetteville to close all streets around the square from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during First Thursday and to give control of all parking around the square (both inside and outside) to the Fayetteville Convention and Visitors Bureau during First Thursday.
3. Bid #12-15 B&A Property Maintenance: A resolution awarding Bid #12-15 and authorizing a contract with B&A Property Maintenance in a total amount of $225,713.00 for the maintenance of trees, and approving a five percent (5%) project contingency.
4. Employee Compensation Adjustment: A resolution to approve a budget adjustment of $1,154,000.00 to fund a city-wide 2012 employee compensation adjustment.