Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
March 20, 2012
City Council Meeting
March 20, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on March 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Nominating Committee Report|
1. Approval of the March 6, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Animal Shelter Donation: A resolution to accept $3,660.00 donated in the memory of Mrs. Mary Osborne to the Fayetteville Animal Shelter and to approve the budget adjustment recognizing this donation revenue.
3. 2011 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2011 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant, through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District, in the amount of $18,500.00 for recycling containers for the apartment/festival recycling programs, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Bid #12-18 LJB Construction, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #12-18 and approving a contract with LJB Construction, Inc. in the amount of $49,300.00 for the installation of a concrete barrier wall along Knapp Street above the Meadow Valley Trail, and approving a ten percent (10%) project contingency.
5. University of Arkansas - Oak Ridge Trail: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $123,042.00 recognizing revenue from the University of Arkansas for its cost-share portion of construction of Oak Ridge Trail.
6. Frisco Trail Southern Extension: A resolution authorizing a contract with Garver, LLC in an amount not to exceed $189,500.00 for professional engineering design services related to the Frisco Trail southern extension, accepting a fifty percent (50%) matching grant from the Walton Family Foundation, Inc., and approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $216,000.00 recognizing revenue from the Walton Family Foundation, Inc. and the Home Depot Foundation.
7. Bid #12-19 Peterbilt of Fort Smith: A resolution awarding Bid #12-19 and authorizing the purchase of three (3) automated side load solid waste trucks from Peterbilt of Fort Smith in the amount of $775,629.00 for use in the Solid Waste Division.
8. Bale Chevrolet of Little Rock: A resolution approving the purchase of six (6) Chevrolet Tahoes from Bale Chevrolet of Little Rock, pursuant to a state procurement contract, in the total amount of $210,000.00.
9. Garver, LLC Amendment No. 5: A resolution approving amendment No. 5 to the engineering contract with Garver, LLC in the amount of $21,679.00 to increase the fee for construction phase services related to the Mount Comfort Road Project.
|B.||Unfinished Business: None|
1. Highway 16 Armstrong to Stonebridge Condemnation and Possession: A resolution authorizing the City Attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by Jey Investments, LTD., First State Bank, Benefit Bank, Alejandro Alban, Algis Martinez & Gina Alban, and Tim D. & Deeann B. Studebaker, needed for water and sewer relocations along State Highway 16.
1. Waive Competitive Bidding §34.23: An ordinance waiving the requirements for bids by applying §34.23(F), (Purchases and Contracts not in excess of $20,000.00), of the Fayetteville Code of Ordinances and approving a contract with the Illinois River Watershed Partnership in the amount of $10,000.00 for watershed education and planning services.
2. RZN 12-4045 (Martin Luther King Blvd./Career Academy): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4045, for approximately 1.14 acres, located on the north side of Martin Luther King Boulevard at the border between Fayetteville and Farmington from R-A, Residential Agricultural to CS, Community Services.
3. RZN 12-4028 (1400 and 1500 Blocks of N. Desoto Pl./Abshier Heights): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4028, for approximately 2.18 acres, located at 1400 and 1500 Block of North Desoto Place (Track "A" of Abshier Heights) from R-PZD, Residential Planned Zoning District R-PZD 06-1883 to RSF-8, Residential Single-Family, 8 units per acre.
4. ADM 12-4029 (Abshier Heights R-PZD Modification No. 4): An ordinance amending a residential planned zoning district entitled R-PZD 06-1883, Abshier Heights, located at the northwest corner of Abshier Drive and Hillcrest Avenue, containing approximately 4.11 acres, to reflect revised architectural standards as described and depicted herein.