Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
July 3, 2012
City Council Meeting
July 3, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on July 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the June 19, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #12-53 Mid-America Pool Renovation, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #12-53 and authorizing a contract with Mid-America Pool Renovation, Inc. in the amount of $256,490.00 for the construction of Wilson Park pool renovations, approving a ten percent (10%) project contingency and approving a budget adjustment.
3. 2012 Assistance to Firefighters Grant: A resolution authorizing an application for a 80/20 matching 2012 Assistance to Firefighters Grant, through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in the amount of $179,410.00 for the purchase of wildland firefighting personal protective equipment by the Fire Department.
4. Federal Emergency Management Agency Reimbursement: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $129,391.00 to reimburse the Transportation Division for expenditures incurred as a result of Spring 2011 flooding which have been reimbursed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and/or the State of Arkansas.
5. Steele Boulevard/Malco Theatre Entry Traffic Signal: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $85,300.00 representing revenue for the installation of a traffic signal on Steele Boulevard at the entrance to the Malco Theatre.
1. RZN 12-4108 (4847 W. Wedington Dr./Bank of Wynne): An ordinance revoking R-PZD 07-2576 (Woodstock) and rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4108, for approximately 31.68 acres, located at 4847 West Wedington Drive from R-PZD, Residential Planned Zoning District 07-2576, to R-A, Residential Agricultural. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the June 05, 2012 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the June 19, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. Water and Sewer Relocation Project Condemnation and Possession: A resolution authorizing the City Attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by Richard E. & Dorothy Brown, Bill R. & Doris A. Kisor, Wolfredrick & Serena McMichael, SM-WLJ FAC Owner, Inc., PCC Properties, LLC, Presbytery of Arkansas, and Dunnerstock Development, Inc. needed for water and sewer relocations along Arkansas State Highway 265 between Joyce Boulevard and the northern city limits.
1. Town and Gown Advisory Committee: An ordinance enacting Article XXIV Town and Gown Advisory Committee (§33.360 through §33.365) of Chapter 33: Departments, Boards, Commissions, and Authorities of the Code of Fayetteville to provide for the creation of a Town and Gown Advisory Committee, and defining its composition, authority and duties.
2. ADM 12-4144 3078 N. College Ave. Siebert Appeal: A resolution to reverse the Planning Commission’s decision to grant and thereby to deny the variance to Eric Siebert to operate his Shave the Planet business longer than 90 days as an outdoor mobile vendor.