Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
August 07, 2012
City Council Meeting
August 07, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on August 07, 2012 in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||2nd Quarter Financial Report 2012|
1. Approval of the July 17, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Drake Field Pavement Rehab & Re-Marking Phase II Project: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $7,012.00 to reflect modifications to the Drake Field Pavement Rehab & Re-Marking Phase II Project necessitated by grant program changes.
3. Pavement Maintenance Unlimited, LLC Change Order No. 2: A resolution approving Change Order No. 2 to a contract with Pavement Maintenance Unlimited, LLC reducing the contract by $22,050.00 for the Pavement Rehab & Remarking Phase II Project at Drake Field, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Bid #12-51 Truck Centers of Arkansas: A resolution awarding Bid #12-51 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) Freightliner M2 trucks with Kann Versa Haul recycle bodies in the total amount of $314,366.00 from Truck Centers of Arkansas for use by the Solid Waste Division.
5. Preferred Office Products, Inc.: A resolution authorizing the purchase of five (5) Canon copiers in a total amount of $63,723.00, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from Preferred Office Products, Inc.
6. Federal and State Law Enforcement Forfeiture Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $28,558.00 representing federal and state law enforcement forfeiture revenue received during 2012 and establishing a corresponding expense budget.
7. Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism’s Outdoor Recreation Grant: A resolution authorizing an application for a 50/50 matching grant, through the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism’s Outdoor Recreation Grant Program, in the amount of $50,000.00 for improvements at Mount Sequoyah Gardens.
8. United States Tennis Association: A resolution authorizing acceptance of renovation services to tennis courts at Wilson Park by the United States Tennis Association as part of its Two Court Renovation Grant Program at no cost to the City of Fayetteville.
9. Arkansas Recreational Trails Program: A resolution expressing the willingness of the City of Fayetteville to utilize Federal-Aid Recreational Trails funds and authorizing application for a 20% local match grant through the Arkansas Recreational Trails Program in an amount up to $100,000.00 for construction of a section of Lake Fayetteville Trail.
10. 2012 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant: A resolution authorizing application for a 2012 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality Recycling Grant through the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District in the amount of $25,000.00 to fund apartment recycling containers.
11. McClelland Consulting Engineers: A resolution approving an engineering contract with McClelland Consulting Engineers in the amount of $131,328.00, plus a $20,000.00 project contingency, for design services for the State Highway 16 Water and Sewer Relocation Project at the West Fork of the White River.
1. Amend §154.03 Private Parties/Zoning Amendment: An ordinance to amend §154.03 Private Parties/Zoning Amendment to clarify the powers of the Planning Commission and City Council when a property owner seeks rezoning. This ordinance was left on the First reading at the July 17, 2012 City Council meeting. Left on the First Reading
1. RZN 12-4135 (521 N. College Ave./Roddey): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4135, for approximately 0.34 acres, located at 521 North College Avenue from C-2, thoroughfare commercial to DG, Downtown General.
2. VAC 12-4147 (510 W. 11th St. & 989 S. School Ave./The Grove): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4147 submitted by Morrison Shipley Engineers, Inc. for property located at 510 West 11th Street and 989 South School Avenue to vacate a portion of right-of-way, a total of 0.01 acres.
3. ADM 12-4136 (2768 E. Shagbark Bend/Zweig): An ordinance amending a Residential Planned Zoning District entitled R-PZD 04-05.00, Hickory Park Subdivision, located north of 2730 East Township Street, containing approximately 4.4 acres, to reflect revised building setbacks for Lot 14.
4. ADM 12-4174 (Complete Neighborhood Plan): A resolution to authorize City Staff to prepare a complete Neighborhood Plan for the Wedington Drive Corridor.
5. Petition for Writ of Certiorari and Appeal to United States Supreme Court: A resolution to authorize the City Attorney to file a petition for Writ of Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court and appeal the awarding of attorneys fees in the Rock Quarry Case.
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce Economic Development 10th and 11th Quarterly Report - Chung Tan