Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
August 21, 2012
City Council Meeting
August 21, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on August 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the August 7, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. 2012-2013 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants: A resolution authorizing acceptance of the 2012-2013 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants in the total amount of $197,333.59.
3. 2012 Justice Assistance Grant Local Solicitation Award: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2012 Justice Assistance Grant Local Solicitation Award in the amount of $72,707.00 for the Police Department, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Bid #12-57 Williams Tractor: A resolution awarding Bid #12-57 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) round baler from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville in the total amount of $27,203.00 for use by Wastewater Treatment.
5. Bid #12-59 Williams Tractor: A resolution awarding Bid #12-59 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) Polaris Rangers with Kimtek transport units from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville in the total amount of $45,276.00 for use by the Fire Department, and approving a budget adjustment.
6. Bid #12-63 Hilbilt Sales Corporation-Arkansas: A resolution awarding Bid #12-63 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) end dump trailer from Hilbilt Sales Corporation-Arkansas in the total amount of $43,361.00 for use by Wastewater Treatment, and approving a budget adjustment.
7. Bid #12-64 Warrior of Arkansas: A resolution awarding Bid #12-64 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) articulated wheel loader from Warrior of Arkansas, Inc. in the total amount of $119,950.00 for use by Wastewater Treatment, and approving a budget adjustment.
8. Solid Waste Agreement Extensions: A resolution approving one (1) year extension agreements with Deffenbaugh Industries, Hog Box and Waste Management of Northwest Arkansas to haul and dispose of solid waste and recycling in the city.
9. Animal Services Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $14,655.00 representing donation revenue to Animal Services for the second quarter of 2012.
1. Amend §154.03 Private Parties/Zoning Amendment: An ordinance to amend §154.03 Private Parties/Zoning Amendment to clarify the powers of the Planning Commission and City Council when a property owner seeks rezoning. This ordinance was left on the First reading at the July 17, 2012 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second reading at the August 7, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. Amerlux Exterior, LLC: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving an agreement with for the purchase of seventeen (17) streetlight poles and fixtures manufactured by Dynamic Lighting, Inc. in the total amount of $28,415.93 for installation on downtown improvement projects along Mountain Street, College Avenue, Center Street, East Avenue and Meadow Street.
2. Seven Valley’s Construction Co.: A resolution awarding Bid #12-58 and authorizing a contract with Seven Valleys Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $1,368,379.00 for construction of water and sewer improvements along State Highway 265 between Joyce Boulevard and Albright Road, approving a project contingency of $75,000.00 and approving a budget adjustment.
3. Sunbridge Villas Subdivision Private Street Acceptance: A resolution accepting dedication of street right-of-way and maintenance responsibility for streets in the Sunbridge Villas Subdivision from the Sunbridge Villas Property Owners Association, Inc. upon completion of the current private milling and overlay project to City standards as approved by the City Engineer.
4. Proposed Employee Benefits Renewal: A resolution approving a 2013 employee benefits package.
5. RZN 12-4146 (4054 W. Starry Night View/Oakbrooke III PZD): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4146, for approximately 1.80 acres, located at 4054 and 4076 West Starry Night View and 1907 North Best Friend Lane from R-PZD 09-3439 Oakbrooke III to RSF-8, Residential Single Family, 8 Units Per Acre.
6. RZN 12-4164 (1420 N. Garland Ave./Bonds): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4164, for approximately 0.28 acres, located at 1420 North Garland Avenue from RMF-24, Residential Multi-Family, 24 units Per Acre to NS, Neighborhood Services.
7. RZN 12-4166 (South of Brookbury Crossing & East of Candlewood Developments/Riggins): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4166, for approximately 20.99 acres, located to the south of Skillern Road from R-A, Residential Agricultural to RSF-0.5, One Half Single-Family Units Per Acre.
8. ADM 12-4171 (Amend UDC Ch. 166: Development): An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville §166.24 to amend the applicability of non-residential design standards.