Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
October 2, 2012
City Council Meeting
October 2, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on October 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the September 18, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Callie’s Prairie: A resolution naming the Lake Fayetteville Prairie Restoration Area "Callie’s Prairie" in honor of Callie Henson, an early pioneer and land owner.
3. Garver, LLC: A resolution approving an amendment to the contract with Garver, LLC for additional professional engineering services associated with the extension of Frisco Trail in an additional amount not to exceed $26,500.00.
4. Arkansas Forestry Commission Urban and Community Forestry Program Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of an Arkansas Forestry Commission Urban and Community Forestry Program 50/50 matching grant in the amount of $7,500.00 to provide for construction of parking lot improvements north of the City’s Development Services Building, and approving a budget adjustment recognizing the revenue.
5. CDBG Public Facility Program: A resolution to approve a contract with _________ in the amount of $___________ to use Community Development Block Grant Funds to rehabilitate a city building at 1932 S. Garland for charitable services for Fayetteville citizens.
1. §92.01 Definitions of the Animals Chapter & §92.35 Managed Care of Feral Cats: An ordinance to enact new definitions into §92.01 Definitions of the Animals Chapter of the Fayetteville Code and enact §92.35 Managed Care of Feral Cats. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the September 18, 2012 City Council meeting.
2. 2012 Millage Levy: An ordinance levying a tax on the real and personal property within the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas for the year 2012 fixing the rate thereof at 1.3 mills for General Fund operations, 0.4 mills for the Firemen’s Pension and Relief Fund, 0.4 mills for the Policemen’s Pension and Relief Fund and 1.0 mill for the Fayetteville Public Library; and certifying the same to the County Clerk of Washington County, Arkansas. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the September 18, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. Bid #12-60 Advance Tire, Inc.: A resolution to award Bid #12-60 to Advance Tire, Inc. for the purchase of four solid tire and wheel assemblies for the solid waste wheel loader in the total amount of $21,100.00.
2. Amend §97.086 Vending and Peddling: An ordinance to amend §97.086 Vending and Peddling of the Code of Fayetteville to expand the number of days per week that the Farmers’ Market can operate at the Botanical Gardens.
3. REO Holdings 1, LLC: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a cost-share agreement with REO Holdings 1, LLC in the amount of $31,712.00 for the construction of an eight-inch water main near Bridgewater Lane.
4. Neal Hefner Construction Company, Inc.: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a cost-share agreement with Neal Hefner Construction Company, Inc. in the amount of $41,072.69 for the construction of extra-wide sidewalk to accommodate a future trail extension.
5. VAC 12-4198 (5439 Maywood Dr./Win): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4198 submitted by Alan Reid and Associates for property located at 5439 Maywood Drive to vacate a portion of a utility easement, a total of 477 square feet.
6. VAC 12-4199 (2864 N. Prince William Dr./Cooper): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4199 submitted by Alan Reid and Associates for property located at 2864 North Prince William Drive to vacate a portion of a utility easement, a total of 9.26 square feet.
7. VAC 12-4205 (21st Amendment/Dickson St.): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4205 submitted by John Starnes, AIA for property located at 404 & 406 West Dickson Street to vacate a landscape easement, a total of 0.10 acres.