Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
October 16, 2012
City Council Meeting
October 16, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on October 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||America in Bloom Award - Cindi Cope|
1. Approval of the October 2, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #12-62 B&H Foto & Electronics Corp.: A resolution awarding Bid #12-62 and authorizing the purchase of two (2) television studio camera systems from B&H Foto & Electronics Corp. of New York, New York in the amount of $75,578.00, plus applicable taxes.
3. Community Development Block Grant Program: A resolution awarding bid and authorizing the purchase of 1500 energy efficiency/weatherization kits from ______________in the amount of ______________for use by the Community Development Block Grant Program.
4. Zara L. Thomas Revocable Trust Settlement: A resolution approving a settlement agreement with Zara L. Thomas, Trustee of the Zara L. Thomas Revocable Trust U/D/T November 20, 1998 and of the Mary C. Thomas Revocable Trust U/D/T November 20, 1998, concerning condemnation litigation filed regarding the extension of Meadow Valley Trail (U of A Farm Trail).
5. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department: A resolution approving payment of $4,019,094.00 to the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department representing the City’s portion of construction costs related to improvements to State Highway 16, and approving a budget adjustment.
1. RZN 12-4166 (South of Brookbury Crossing & East of Candlewood Developments/Riggins): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4166, for approximately 20.99 acres, located to the south of Skillern Road from R-A, Residential Agricultural to RSF-0.5, One Half Single-Family Units Per Acre. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the August 21, 2012 City Council meeting and Tabled to the September 18, 2012 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the September 18, 2012 City Council meeting and Tabled to the October 16, 2012 City Council meeting.
2. REO Holdings 1, LLC: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a cost-share agreement with REO Holdings 1, LLC in the amount of $31,712.00 for the construction of an eight-inch water main near Bridgewater Lane. This ordinance was left on the Third Reading at the October 2, 2012 City Council meeting and Tabled to the October 16, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. Dynasty Taxi: A resolution granting a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity to Dynasty Taxi Service, Inc. for the operation of a total of fifteen (15) to thirty (30) taxicabs in the City of Fayetteville.
1. VAC 12-4221 (2111 Martin Luther King Blvd./Panda Express): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4221 submitted by Lorel Hoffman for property located at 2111 Martin Luther King Boulevard to vacate a portion of a water and sewer easement, a total of 2,039 square feet.
2. Arkansas Forestry Commission Memorandum of Agreement: An ordinance to waive formal competitive bidding and approve a Memorandum of Agreement between the Arkansas Forestry Commission and the City of Fayetteville to pay $20,000.00 and $24,995.00 respectively to Plan-It GEO to conduct a tree canopy analysis for Fayetteville.
3. 2013 Residential Trash Rates: An ordinance waiving the requirements of Fayetteville Code of Ordinances Section 50.40 (A)(4) for an automatic annual price adjustment of residential trash rates for fiscal year 2013.
4. Amend Chapter 33: An ordinance amending Article XVI: City Council Street Committee of Chapter 33: Departments, Boards, Commission, and Authorities of the Code of Fayetteville to amend the Purposes, Powers and Duties of the City Council Street Committee.
5. Amend Standing City Council Committees: A resolution to amend Rule E.1.a. Standing City Council Committees of the Rules of Order and Procedure of the Fayetteville City Council to clarify the advisory status of all committees.
|E.||City Council Tour:|
1. October 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm - RZN 12-4166 (South of Brookbury Crossing & East of Candlewood Developments/Riggins)
2. October 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm - Wedington Drive Corridor
1. Reminder: The regular scheduled City Council meeting of November 6, 2012 has been changed to November 8, 2012. The City Council Rules of Order and Procedure state: The City Council shall meet in regular session on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 P.M. When a holiday or general election occurs on any such Tuesday, the regular meeting shall be held on the following Thursday at the same hour unless otherwise provided for by motion.