Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
March 19, 2013
City Council Meeting
March 19, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on March 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Nominating Committee Report|
1. Approval of the March 05, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Portable Changeable Message Sign: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $14,500.00 to provide funding for the purchase of a portable changeable message sign for the Transportation Department.
3. Bid #13-12 North Point Ford: A resolution awarding Bid #13-12 and authorizing the purchase of three (3) Ford F-550 service body trucks from North Point Ford of North Little Rock in the total amount of $121,812.00 for use by the Water and Sewer Division.
4. Bid #13-13 North Point Ford: A resolution awarding Bid #13-13 and authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-250 utility truck from North Point Ford of North Little Rock in the amount of $32,969.00 for use by the Transportation Department.
5. North Point Ford - Information Technology Division: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Ford F-150 pickup truck in the amount of $18,492.00, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from North Point Ford of North Little Rock for use by the Information Technology Division, and approving a budget adjustment.
6. Bale Chevrolet - Transportation Department: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Chevrolet Tahoe in the amount of $28,789.00, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from Bale Chevrolet of Little Rock for use by the Transportation Department, and approving a budget adjustment.
7. Bale Chevrolet - Solid Waste Division: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Chevrolet Tahoe in the amount of $28,789.00, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from Bale Chevrolet of Little Rock for use by the Solid Waste Division.
8. Mountain Street and College Avenue Sidewalk Improvements: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $60,600.00 recognizing revenue for improvements to sidewalks on Mountain Street and College Avenue.
9. Crafton Tull: A resolution approving a contract with Crafton Tull in an amount not to exceed $42,430.00 for architectural and bidding services related to renovations of pool buildings at Wilson Park.
10. Rupple Road Improvements: A resolution expressing the willingness of the City of Fayetteville to utilize federal-aid funds for reconstruction and relocation of Rupple Road from Wedington Drive to Mount Comfort Road.
1. Wedington Corridor Neighborhood Master Plan: A resolution to adopt the Wedington Corridor Neighborhood Master Plan vision document and illustrative master plan. This item was tabled at the March 05, 2013 City Council meeting to the March 19, 2013 City Council meeting.
1. Amend §33.108 Compensation: An ordinance to amend §33.108 Compensation relating to the Planning Commissioners and to approve a budget adjustment.
2. VAC 12-4203 (Halsell Road Sewer Easements): An ordinance approving VAC 12-4203 submitted by the City of Fayetteville for several blanket easements along Halsell Road, Maple Street and Oliver Avenue.
3. First Community Bank of Crawford County Cost Share Agreement: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a $64,000.00 cost-share agreement with First Community Bank of Crawford County for the milling and paving of streets within the Sunbridge Villas Development, and approving a budget adjustment of $64,000.00 recognizing revenue from letters of credit.
4. U.S. Geological Survey Agreement: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving an agreement with the U.S. Geological Survey (U.S. Department of the Interior) in the amount of $21,528.00 for the operation and maintenance of three (3) urban stream gauging stations in the City for calendar year 2013.
5. ADM 13-4331 Local Foods Ordinance Review: A resolution to request city staff review the Unified Development Code and prepare amendments to allow residents to raise farm animals and sell crops, animals and animal products in non-agriculturally zoned areas to provide greater food security for Fayetteville residents.
6. Amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market: An ordinance to amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market to transfer the current free use of the south parking spaces on Mountain Street to the control of the Rural Mountain Producers Exchange Board, to close Mountain Street to traffic, to permit sound application during Farmers’ Market and to make other changes.
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Entertainment District Parking Deck Update and Public Input Session - David Jurgens, Utilities Director and Team
|E.||City Council Tour:|
1. March 25, 2013 5:00 PM Fayetteville Public Library
2. April 8, 2013 5:00 PM Westside Wastewater Treatment Plant
3. May 6, 2013 5:00 PM Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant and Biosolids Management Site