LINK to page with link to watch meeting LIVE near top right.
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
April 16, 2013
City Council Meeting
April 16, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on April 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
|1.||Arkansas Individual Volunteer of the Year Award - Connie Edmonston Parks and Recreation Director|
|2.||Group Volunteer of the Year Award - Connie Edmonston Parks and Recreation Director|
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Nominating Committee Report - Advertising and Promotion Commission appointment|
1. Approval of the April 02, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #10-47 King Electrical Contractors: A resolution authorizing a contract with King Electrical Contractors in the amount of $44,000.00, pursuant to Bid #10-47 for the installation of electrical services for the computer server room at Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field, and approving a project contingency of ten percent (10%).
3. Police Department Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $2,100.00 representing donation revenue to the Police Department during the first quarter of 2013 in support of officer service awards and general recognition.
4. Federal and State Law Enforcement Forfeiture Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $31,783.00 representing federal and state law enforcement forfeiture revenue received through March 2013 and authorizing associated expenses.
5. Fire Department Polaris Ranger Utility Vehicles: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $7,004.00 to fund Fleet Division purchases of accessory packages for two (2) Fire Department Polaris Ranger utility vehicles.
6. Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field FBO Lease Agreement: A resolution approving a fixed-based operations hangar lease agreement form at the current rental rate or as adjusted upward by the Airport Board for fixed-based operations hangar space rented at the Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field.
7. Airport Hay Field Lease Agreement: A resolution approving a two (2) year extension to the airport hay lease with Donnie Sams of West Fork, Arkansas to facilitate participation in a USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service Environmental Quality Incentive Program.
8. Amend Resolution 54-13: A resolution amending Resolution No. 54-13 concerning the purchase of one (1) Chevrolet Tahoe, pursuant to a state procurement contract, for use by the Transportation Division.
9. Amend Resolution 55-13: A resolution amending Resolution No. 55-13 concerning the purchase of one (1) Chevrolet Tahoe, pursuant to a state procurement contract, for use by the Solid Waste Division.
10. Bid #12-38 MHC Kenworth of Springdale: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Kenworth T800 semi truck tractor pursuant to Bid #12-38 from MHC Kenworth of Springdale in the amount of $114,715.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
11. Williams Tractor of Fayetteville S590 Skid Steer Loader: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Bobcat S590 skid steer loader from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville, pursuant to a National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative purchasing contract in the amount of $37,505.00.
12. Williams Tractor of Fayetteville T590 Skid Steer Track Loader: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) Bobcat T590 skid steer loader from Williams Tractor of Fayetteville, pursuant to a National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative purchasing contract in the amount of $47,226.00.
13. Stribling Equipment of Springdale John Deere 750K Dozer: A resolution authorizing the purchase of one (1) 2013 John Deere 750K dozer from Stribling Equipment of Springdale, pursuant to a state procurement contract, in the amount of $230,750.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
14. Bid #13-15 Littlefield Oil Company: A resolution awarding Bid #13-15 and approving a contract with Littlefield Oil Company in an estimated annual amount of $1,764,000.00 to provide gasoline, diesel fuel and bio fuel for vehicles and equipment.
15. Baldwin & Shell Construction Company: A resolution authorizing a contract with Baldwin & Shell Construction Company in the amount of $40,000.00 for construction management services, approving a $10,000.00 contingency, and approving a contractor’s fee of five and one-half percent (5.5%) for construction phased services all related to construction of the Dickson Street Entertainment District parking facility.
1. Amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market: An ordinance to amend §114.02 Farmers’ Market to transfer the current free use of the south parking spaces on Mountain Street to the control of the Rural Mountain Producers Exchange Board, to close Mountain Street to traffic, to permit sound amplification during Farmers’ Market and to make other changes. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the March 19, 2013 City Council meeting. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the April 2, 2013 City Council meeting and sent to the Ordinance Review Committee.
2. R-PZD 12-4284 (Park Hill at Mountain Ranch): An ordinance establishing a Residential Planned Zoning District titled R-PZD 12-4284, Park Hill at Mountain Ranch, located at the southwest corner of Persimmon Street and Mountain Ranch Boulevard; containing approximately 2.23 acres; amending the official zoning map of the City of Fayetteville; and adopting the Associated Master Development Plan. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the April 2, 2013 City Council meeting.
1. Raze and Removal - 320 W. Skelton Street: A resolution ordering the razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure owned by Celia Cazort Barton located at 320 W. Skelton Street in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas, and approving a budget adjustment.
1. Transportation Bond Program - New Project Recommendations: A resolution approving a list of additional projects to be funded by the City’s Transportation Bond Program.
2. Protection of Buffalo National River: A resolution to oppose the permitting and operation of the concentrated hog farm along a major tributary to the Buffalo National River.
3. Repeal Ordinance No. 5576 - CI² Aviation, Inc: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract in the amount of $20,342.00 per month, plus upfront insurance costs, with CI² Aviation, Inc. for the provision of Air Traffic Control Tower Services for Drake Field upon the date of tower closure by the FAA, should such occur; and to repeal Ordinance No. 5576 that approved this contract to begin April 8, 2013.
|E.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. "Recycling Economics Update" Presentation: A presentation by Honor students from the University of Arkansas Environmental Economics class.
|F.||City Council Tour:|
1. May 6, 2013 5:00 PM Woolsey Wet Prairie Wetlands