Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
July 2, 2013
City Council Meeting
July 2, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on July 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the June 18, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Bid #13-31 General Construction Solutions, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #13-31 and authorizing a contract with General Construction Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $71,980.00 for the construction of Improvements to Mount Sequoyah Gardens, and approving a project contingency of $7,198.00.
3. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of an American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Grant in the amount of $2,500.00 for the purchase of dog food for the Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $651.00 representing citizen donation revenue for the Ranger’s Pantry Pet Food Bank.
5. 2013 Curbside Value Partnership Recycling Marketing Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2013 Curbside Value Partnership Education Recycling Marketing Grant in the amount of $10,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
6. 2013 Keep America Beautiful/Waste Management Grant: A resolution authorizing application for a 2013 Keep America Beautiful/Waste Management Grant in the amount of $10,000.00.
7. Assistance to Firefighters Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of an Assistance to Firefighters Grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the amount of $120,736.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
8. Meadow Street Municipal Parking Deck Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $8,000.00 to recognize additional revenue generated through operation of the Meadow Street Municipal Parking Deck.
1. Enact §116.02 Door to Door Solicitation at Private Residences: An ordinance to enact §116.02 Door to Door Solicitation Regulations for Private Residences into the Fayetteville Code. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the June 18, 2013 City Council meeting.
1. Highway 16 East Condemnation: A resolution authorizing the City Attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by Jay Stanley Baird, Robert N. and Linda J. Clay, McDonald, LLC, and Turn-Key Homes of Northwest Arkansas, LLC, needed for water and sewer improvements along State Highway 16 near the West Fork of the White River Bridge.
1. Bid #13-33 ARCO Excavation and Paving, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #13-33 and authorizing a contract with ARCO Excavation and Paving, Inc. in the amount of $434,945.00 for the demolition of the foundation and concrete slab at the former Tyson Building on Huntsville Road, approving a project contingency of $43,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
2. RZN 13-4384 (1315 N. Rupple Rd./Leisure Homes): An ordinance rezoning the property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4384, for approximately 6.89 acres, located at 1315 North Rupple Road from RSF-7, Residential Single-Family, 7 units per acre, to RSF-8, Residential Single-Family, 8 units per acre and RMF-12, Residential Multi-Family, 12 units per acre.
3. VAC 13-4385 (867 N. College Ave./Pine Tree/Beacon Flats: An ordinance approving VAC 13-4385 submitted by Civil Design Engineering for property located at 867 North College Avenue to vacate two utility easements, a total of 2,489 square feet.
4. Amend §97.070 Recreational Activities: An ordinance to amend §97.070 Recreational Activities at Lakes Fayetteville, Sequoyah and Wilson of the Fayetteville Code to allow extended hours, reduced fees for Veterans and other changes.
5. U of A West Lease Agreement: A resolution approving a lease agreement with the University of Arkansas for City operation of the University’s West Annex parking lot as a revenue producing off-street parking lot upon adoption and inclusion of the lot within the Dickson Street Entertainment District.
6. Amend §72.58 Off-Street Parking Facilities; Rules and Rates: An ordinance to amend §72.58 Off-Street Parking Facilities; Rules and Rates (H) City parking lots and paid on-street parking spaces within the Entertainment District Parking Zone of the Fayetteville code to add the West Annex Parking Lot 53 located at 346 West Avenue leased from the University of Arkansas and to approve a budget adjustment.
7. Amend Chapter 72: An ordinance to amend several sections of Chapter 72 Parking Regulations of the Code of Fayetteville to clarify parking districts, enforcement times and fines.
|E.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
|F.||City Council Tour:|