Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
August 20, 2013
City Council Meeting
August 20, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on August 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||2nd Quarter Financial Report|
1. Approval of the August 6, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, PLLC Amendment No. 1: A resolution approving Amendment No. 1 to the contract with Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, PLLC in the amount of $15,000.00 for additional legal services related to the White River Water quality standards petition to the Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission.
3. Bid #13-41 Jack Tyler Engineering of Arkansas: A resolution awarding Bid #13-41 and authorizing a contract with Jack Tyler Engineering of Arkansas in the total amount of $58,760.15 for the purchase of four (4) return activated sludge pumps for the Noland Wastewater Treatment Plant.
4. Bid #13-44 Fiser Kubota: A resolution awarding Bid #13-44 and authorizing a contract with Fiser Kubota in the total amount of $165,173.75 for the purchase of four (4) irrigation reels for the City biosolids management site.
5. Bill and Doris Kisor Settlement Agreement: A resolution approving a settlement agreement with Bill and Doris Kisor concerning condemnation litigation filed as part of the N. Crossover Road Utilities Improvement Project in a total amount of $13,950.00.
1. RZN 13-4410 (2468 N. Crossover Rd./Lynnwood Estates): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4410, for approximately 4.66 acres located at 2468 North Crossover Road from RSF-2, Residential Single-Family, 2 units per acre, to R-O, Residential Office, subject to a Bill of Assurance. This ordinance was left on the First Reading at the August 6, 2013 City Council meeting.
1. John Bess Claim Settlement: A resolution pursuant to Fayetteville Code of Ordinances subsection 39.10 (C)(4) authorizing the Mayor to pay $11,000.00 to John Bess in settlement of a damage claim arising at 830 E. Trust Street, and approving a budget adjustment.
2. VAC 13-4428 (4291 Black Canyon St./Hamptons Lot 18): An ordinance approving VAC 13-4428 submitted by Engineering Services, Inc. for property located at 4291 Black Canyon Street, to vacate a portion of a pedestrian access easement, a total of 0.03 acres.
3. MarshallGIS: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving a contract with MarshallGIS in the total amount of $26,975.00 to purchase five (5) software seats of GeoKNX mobile implementation software for usage by the Water and Sewer Division, and approving a project contingency of $4,000.00.
4. 2014 Employee Benefits Package: A resolution approving a 2014 Employee Benefits package.
5. Get Lit LLC - Lights of the Ozarks: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving an agreement with Get Lit LLC in the amount of $51,462.00 for the purchase of lights for the expansion of Lights of the Ozarks to Block Street and Dickson Street, and approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $46,500.00.
|D.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Quarterly Contract Update of Economic Development Services provided by the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce - Presenters Chung Tan and Steve Clark
2. "Entertainment District/Spring Street Parking Deck Update" - David Jurgens, Utilities Director
|E.||City Council Tour:|
1. August 12, 2013 at 5:00 pm - RZN 13-4410 (2468 N. Crossover Rd./Lynnwood Estates