Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
August 6, 2013
City Council Meeting
August 6, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on August 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
|1.||Nominating Committee Report - Fayetteville Housing Authority Board Appointment|
1. Approval of the July 16, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department: A resolution to approve an Agreement of Understanding between the City of Fayetteville and the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department and to approve the attached budget adjustment of $75,000.00.
3. 2013 ADEQ E-Waste Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2013 Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality E-Waste Grant of $25,000.00 for an E-Waste coupon redemption program, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Bid #13-38 General Construction Solutions, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #13-38 and approving a contract with General Construction Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $108,982.00 for construction of sanitary sewer repairs in the vicinity of the Cliffs Apartments due to Spring 2011 flooding, approving a $10,000.00 project contingency, and approving a budget adjustment.
5. Bid #13-39 Goodwin & Goodwin: A resolution awarding Bid #13-39 and approving a contract with Goodwin & Goodwin, Inc. in the amount of $1,262,647.00 for construction of water and sewer main replacements along the West Fork of the White River, approving a project contingency of $125,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
6. Bid #13-37 Pick-It Construction, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #13-37 and approving a contract with Pick-It Construction, Inc. in the amount of $403,987.00 for construction of pool building renovations at Wilson Park, and approving a fifteen percent (15%) project contingency.
7. Crafton Tull Amendment #1: A resolution approving Amendment No. 1 to the contract with Crafton Tull for construction phase services associated with renovation of pool buildings at Wilson Park in an additional amount not to exceed $15,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
8. Landers Toyota of Little Rock: A resolution authorizing the purchase of two (2) Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks in the total amount of $48,838.00, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from Landers Toyota of Little Rock for use by the Transportation and Water & Sewer divisions, and approving a budget adjustment.
9. George Nunnally Chevrolet of Bentonville: A resolution authorizing the purchase of two (2) Chevrolet Tahoes in the total amount of $57,110.00, pursuant to a state procurement contract, from George Nunnally Chevrolet of Bentonville for use by the Fire Department and the Solid Waste Division, and approving two (2) budget adjustments.
10. Arkansas State Highway Department Safe Routes to School Grant: A resolution authorizing acceptance of an Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department Safe Routes to School Grant in the amount of $81,248.00 to be utilized for construction of a pedestrian bridge along Salem Road connecting Holcomb Elementary and Holt Middle School, and approving a budget adjustment.
11. Aircraft Passenger Stairs: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $3,500.00 to provide for an increase in the project budget for the purchase of aircraft passenger stairs for Fayetteville Executive Airport-Drake Field.
12. RFP #13-07 Everbridge, Inc.: A resolution awarding RFP #13-07 and approving a contract with Everbridge, Inc. for the provision of emergency notification services, and approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $32,000.00.
|B.||Unfinished Business: None|
1. Raze and Removal 515 E. Township Street: A resolution ordering the razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure owned by Marshall Aaron Mahan located at 515 E. Township Street in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas.
1. RZN 13-4410 (2468 N. Crossover Rd./Lynnwood Estates): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 13-4410, for approximately 4.66 acres located at 2468 North Crossover Road from RSF-2, Residential Single-Family, 2 units per acre, to R-O, Residential Office, subject to a Bill of Assurance.
2. ADM 13-4408 (Bicycle Parking Code Amendments): An ordinance to amend §172.10 Bicycle Parking Rack Requirements (D)(2)(e) to reduce the minimum clearance to a fire hydrant from 15 feet to 6 feet.
3. Amend §72.58 Off-Street Parking Facilities; Rules and Rates: An ordinance to amend §72.58 Off-Street Parking Facilities; Rules and Rates by enacting a new subsection (N) Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
4. Special Election for HMR Bonds: An ordinance calling and setting a date for a special election on the questions of the issuance by the City of (1) not to exceed $1,500,000 of Hotel and Restaurant Gross Receipts Tax Refunding Bonds for the purpose of refunding the City’s outstanding Hotel and Restaurant Gross Receipts Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2003, (2) not to exceed $6,900,000 of Hotel and Restaurant Gross Receipts Tax and Tourism Revenue Capital Improvement Bonds for the purpose of financing certain costs in connection with the renovation and expansion of Walton Arts Center, and (3) not to exceed $3,500,000 of Hotel and Restaurant Gross Receipts Tax and Tourism Revenue Capital Improvement Bonds for the purpose of financing certain costs in connection with a proposed Regional Park; pledging the proceeds from the existing one percent (1.00%) Hotel, Motel and Restaurant Gross Receipts Tax originally levied by Ordinance No. 2310 to the payment of the Refunding Bonds and Capital Improvement Bonds; prescribing other matters pertaining thereto; and declaring an emergency.
|E.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. 2012 Audit Management Letter Report - Tony C. Uth, Jr., Audit Committee Chair
2. Budget Reserves Discussion - Paul Becker, Finance Director
|F.||City Council Tour: August 12, 2013 at 5:00 pm - RZN 13-4410 (2468 N. Crossover Rd./Lynnwood Estates|