Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Sarah Marsh
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Martin W. Schoppmeyer Jr.
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Alan Long
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
November 19, 2013
City Council Meeting
November 19, 2013
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on November 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports, and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the November 05, 2013 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Watershed Conservation Resources Center (WCRC) Task Order No. 5: A resolution approving Task Order No. 5 with the Watershed Conservation Resources Center (WCRC) for the City to pay $195,707.00 to restore White River stream bank near the Noland Wastewater Treatment Facility.
3. 2013 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Program: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a fifty percent (50%) matching grant award from the 2013 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Program in the amount of $4,644.00 for the replacement of body armor vests for Fayetteville police officers, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Federal and State Law Enforcement Forfeitures: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $176,211.00 recognizing federal and state law enforcement forfeiture revenue received through October 2013 and increasing the related expense budget.
5. Washington County Jail Services Interlocal Agreement: A resolution approving an amendment to the jail services interlocal agreement with Washington County, Arkansas, continuing fees at $60.00 per booked prisoner for calendar year 2014.
6. Police Department Policies: A resolution approving Fayetteville Police Department policies 1.2.4 Domestic Violence, 33.1 Training, 41.2.8 Vehicular Pursuit, 41.2.11 Use of Department Vehicles, 61.1 Traffic Enforcement and 61.3 Traffic Direction and Control.
7. Animal Services Donation Revenue: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $1,900.00 recognizing revenue from the Friends of the Fayetteville Animal Shelter for stainless steel countertops and other improvements to the Animal Shelter clinic area, play yard and dog park.
8. Community Access Television, Inc. (dba Your Media) Contract: A resolution approving the annual extension of the contract with Community Access Television, Inc. dba Your Media in the amount of $105,000.00 for the provision of public access television services and the operation of the public access television channel through 2014.
9. Grant Thornton, LLP: A resolution approving a contract with Grant Thornton LLP in the amount of $85,000.00 to provide independent audit services to the City of Fayetteville.
10. Aviation Gasoline: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the total amount of $39,682.00 to increase the airport budget for aviation gasoline.
11. 2013 Cops Hiring Program: A resolution authorizing acceptance of a 2013 Cops Hiring Program matching grant in the total amount of $723,494.00 to fund three (3) police officers for a period of four (4) years with the matching requirement split proportionally between the City and the Fayetteville School District, and approving a budget adjustment.
12. Woolsey Wet Prairie Wetland Bank: A resolution to reaffirm the City Council’s support for the expansion of the Woolsey Wet Prairie to create a wetland bank for the city and possibly other agencies if allowed by the Corps of Engineers.
|B.||Unfinished Business: None|
1. Van Asche Drive Construction Project Condemnation and Possession: A resolution[SS1][SS2] authorizing the city attorney to seek condemnation and possession of certain lands owned by Dale & Martha Benedict and David Clark McClinton, needed for the Van Asche Drive Construction Project.
1. 2014 Annual Budget and Work Program: A resolution adopting the 2014 Annual Budget and Work Program.
2. VAC 13-4516 (Brenda Drive, Court and Walton Street/University of Arkansas): An ordinance approving VAC 13-4516 submitted by Development Consultants, Incorporated for property located west of Razorback Road and north of Center Street to vacate the right-of-way of Brenda Drive, Court Street, Walton Street, and a thirty foot wide alley off of Hotz Drive.
3. ADM 13-4512 (Wedington Drive and Salem Road/Forest Hills PZD Modification to Planning Area 2): An ordinance amending a Residential Planned Zoning District entitled R-PZD 07-2793 Forest Hills to revise the concept plan and zoning criteria for Planning Area Two, reducing the number of dwelling units from 100 units to 72 units and removing the requirement for vertical mixed-use buildings.
4. ADM 13-4513 (Wedington Drive and Salem Road/Forest Hills PZD Modification to Planning Area 5): An ordinance amending a Residential Planned Zoning District entitled R-PZD 07-2793 Forest Hills to revise the concept plan and zoning criteria for Planning Area Five, reducing the number of dwelling units from 60 units to 31 units and amending the housing type from townhouses to detached single-family houses.
5. ADM 13-4450 (Pratt Place Inn): An ordinance amending a Commercial Planned Zoning District entitled C-PZD 05-1670 Pratt Place Inn, to revise the hours of operation as listed in Section 1.
6. New Fayetteville Planning Area: A resolution to confirm the approval of the Planning Commission and to designate the attached map and described boundary as the new Fayetteville Planning Area.
7. Amend Chapter 178: An ordinance to repeal §178.03 Sidewalk Vendors and enact a replacement §178.03 Sidewalk Vendors and Food Trucks and to repeal §178.04 Outdoor Mobile Vendors Located on Private Property and enact a replacement §178.04 Outdoor Mobile Vendors Located on Private Property.
8. Huntsville Road City Property: A resolution to amend the 2030 Future Land Use Map to change the city owned parcel of the former Tyson plant on Huntsville Road from Civic Institutional to City Neighborhood and to express the City Council’s support to request proposals for the sale and development of the remaining acreage.
9. Instrument & Supply, Inc.: An ordinance waiving the requirements of formal competitive bidding and approving an agreement with Instrument & Supply, Inc. for the purchase of a JWC Channel Monster in the total amount of $192,342.36, and approving a budget adjustment.
10. CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. Amendment No. 4: A resolution approving contract Amendment No. 4 with CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $7,441,428.00 for operation, maintenance, management and engineering services for city wastewater treatment facilities and systems in 2014 subject to approval of the 2014 annual city budget and work program, and approving a $70,000.00 contract contingency.
|E.||City Council Agenda Session Presentations:|
1. Economic Development Report: Chung Tan, Chamber of Commerce
|F.||City Council Tour:|
1. December 2, 2013 - 4:00 PM - Mt. Kessler