Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Boudreaux
Ward 2 Position 1 – Mark Kinion
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Justin Tennant
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Rhonda Adams
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
City Council Meeting
April 17, 2012
City Council Meeting
April 17, 2012
A meeting of the Fayetteville City Council will be held on April 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM in Room 219 of the City Administration Building located at 113 West Mountain Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor’s Announcements, Proclamations and Recognitions:
|1.||Arkansas Recreation and Parks Association Awards Presentation|
City Council Meeting Presentations, Reports and Discussion Items:
1. Approval of the April 3, 2012 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Crain Ford of Little Rock: A resolution approving an agreement with the Crain Ford of Little Rock in the total amount of $51,390.00 for the purchase of two (2) Ford Fusion hybrid-electric sedans for use by the Police Department pursuant to the state procurement agreement.
3. J.A. Riggs Cat of Springdale: A resolution approving an agreement with J.A. Riggs Cat of Springdale in the total amount of $266,109.00 for the purchase of three (3) backhoe loaders for use by the Water and Sewer Division pursuant to the National Joint Powers Association procurement agreement, and approving a budget adjustment.
4. Bid #12-23 Prime Contracting, Inc.: A resolution awarding Bid #12-23 and authorizing a contract with Prime Contracting, Inc. in a total amount of $168,772.75 for the repair of flood damage to a section of Frisco Trail, approving a ten percent (10%) project contingency, and approving a budget adjustment.
5. Bid #12-26 WasteTech, Division of Kusters Zima Corp.: A resolution awarding Bid #12-26 and authorizing a contract with WasteTech, Division of Kusters Zima Corp. in the amount of $197,487.00 for the purchase of a fine band screen with associated controls and accessories for the Noland Wastewater Treatment Facility.
6. NWA Regional Planning Commission Agreement: A resolution approving an agreement with the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission for services related to cooperative regional efforts to monitor, evaluate and report likely effects that future proposed changes to stream standards and wastewater discharge requirements may have on Northwest Arkansas in the amount of $40,000.00, and approving a $5,000.00 project contingency.
7. CDBG Funds Remaining From 2011 Grant: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $37,247.00 to the Community Development Block Grant program to accurately reflect funds remaining from the 2011 grant.
8. CDBG Habitat for Humanity Property Purchase Reimbursement: A resolution approving a budget adjustment in the amount of $92,333.00 to Community Development Block Grant program income related to a housing program lien payoff and a reimbursement from the Habitat for Humanity property purchase.
9. 2012 Interlocal Animal Sheltering Agreements: A resolution approving 2012 interlocal animal sheltering agreements with the cities of Elm Springs, Elkins, Goshen, Tontitown, Winslow, Farmington, Greenland and West Fork.
10. Southwest Solutions Group: A resolution approving an agreement with Southwest Solutions Group in an amount not to exceed $34,216.00 for the purchase and installation of a Spacesaver High Density Evidence Storage System for use by the Police Department, pursuant to the National Joint Powers Alliance procurement agreement.
11. Cruse Uniforms and Equipment: A resolution approving a contract amendment with Cruse Uniforms and Equipment as the Police Department’s authorized quartermaster to approve requested price increases.
12. Amend Resolution 183-11 Botanical Garden of the Ozarks: A resolution amending Resolution 183-11 approving a participation and unsecured loan agreement with the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks to install ten (10) LED lights and poles in the amount of $30,519.90 as part of the City of Fayetteville Community Revolving Loan Fund for Energy Efficiency.
13. Butterfield Overland Mail Stage Route National Trail: A resolution to express the City Council’s support of the Butterfield Overland Mail Stage Route National Trail to become a national historic trail.
1. RZN 12-4042 (1700 Old Wire Road/Cooper and Williams): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 12-4042, for approximately 4.90 acres, located at 1700 Old Wire Road from RSF-4, Residential Single Family, 4 units per acre to NC, Neighborhood Conservation, subject to a Bill of Assurance. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the April 3, 2012 City Council meeting.
2. Amend Chapter 161 (ADM 12-4085 Zoning Regulations/RMF-24 Setbacks): An ordinance to Amend §161.14 District RMF-24 by repealing the separate setbacks for multi-family structures built within the Hillside/Hilltop Overlay District. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the April 3, 2012 City Council meeting.
1. APGR Green, Inc.: A resolution to certify the City of Fayetteville’s endorsement of APGR Green, Inc., located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, to participate in the Arkansas Equity Investment Tax Credit Program.
2. Bid #12-11 Sweetser Construction: A resolution awarding Bid #12-11 and approving a contract with Sweetser Construction in the amount of $1,759,900.15 for the construction of a roundabout at the Fulbright Expressway and Futrall Drive, approving a project contingency of $90,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment.
3. Amend §34.27 Sale of Municipally Owned Real Property: An ordinance to repeal §34.27 of the Code of Fayetteville and to enact a replacement §34.27 Sale of Municipally Owned Real Property of the Code of Fayetteville.
4. AOS, LLC - Cisco IP Telephony System: A resolution approving an agreement with AOS, LLC in the amount of $619,978.90 for the purchase of a Cisco IP Telephony System pursuant to a State procurement contract, approving a project contingency of $25,000.00, and approving a budget adjustment of $248,750.00.
5. Water and Sewer System Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2012: An ordinance authorizing the issuance and sale of not to exceed $3,800,000 of Water and Sewer System Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2012, by the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas for the purpose of refunding the City’s outstanding Water and Sewer System Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2002B; authorizing the execution and delivery of a third supplemental trust indenture pursuant to which the Series 2012 Bonds will be issued and secured; authorizing the execution and delivery of an official statement pursuant to which the Series 2012 Bonds will be offered; authorizing the execution and delivery of a bond purchase agreement providing for the sale of the Series 2012 Bonds; authorizing the execution and delivery of an escrow deposit agreement providing for the redemption of the Series 2002B Bonds; authorizing the execution and delivery of a continuing disclosure agreement; and prescribing other matters relating thereto.